Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

New Favorite Hair Products!

  *Disclaimer: Purchased with my own money*

Hey Guys!

Okay, I've been slacking on the hair posts and I apologize for that! I want to start doing more, so what better way than to show you some of the newer products that have become staples in my hair routine!!

So, first of all, I've been natural for 2.5 years and I have 4C hair. I'm pretty sure I have high porosity hair as well, because it stays DRY DRY DRY! To find out about the porosity of your hair, I found this great *page*.



Curl Care by Dr. Miracles Frizz Control Serum: I bought this product on a whim one day while perusing Sally's because I knew I'd be getting my hair straightened and wanted something for shine. This actually turned out to be a better investment than I realized it would be. The directions is to use it on wet hair, but I found it kept my hair frizz free on dry hair as well. $5.99

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier: Oh Em Gee... [yes, I went valley girl!] This product makes my hair feel like butter when I'm combing through it!! It coats my hair and instantly makes it feel softer and more manageable. I feel like this product lets my hair get some moisture and actually soaks it up instead of it just sitting on top of my hair doing nothing. It's a thicker jelly like consistency, so the spray bottle sometimes makes your finger tired because not much product comes through with each spray. $6.99




Hair freshly straightened [Please excuse the quality of these photos, they were taken with my front facing camera]

My horrible attempt at Bantu Knots using just the Anti Frizz Serum. Haha, I'm learning!

Bantu Knot Out results

As you can see [hopefully], my bantu knot out came out perfectly and were shiny and frizz free. The bottle states that it helps hold curls for up to 12 hours but I can't necessarily prove that claim because I've only had my hair down for about 8 hours max. The curls were still poppin after those 8 hours, though, so I'm sure it could carry on into 12!



I'm really thankful to have discovered these two products and I truly feel like I can call them my HGs. I'm already on my second bottle of the Taliah Waajid product, and I know I will repurchase the serum as well!




What are your new or HG hair products that you can't live without??





[P.S. to comment, click on this individual post. Thanks!]