Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Items Added To My Makeup Removal Regimen

Hey Guys!

So, I was watching NazzysBeauty on YouTube and she was talking about her nighttime skincare routine. Well, that motivated me as usual  to go buy and try some new products for myself!





MAC Cleanse Off Oil [travel size] $10- I've heard so many good things about using an oil to remove your makeup. It helps break down anything that's waterproof and hard to normally get off. Even though I have oily skin, I had no hesitations in buying this because I knew it wouldn't clog my pores or make me break out.

I used about 6-7 pumps on the initial wash to remove my makeup [foundation & all] and it did take it off. I did have to rinse off the initial oil and then go back with a few more pumps to really make sure it'd removed all of my makeup. I followed up with my Clarisonic and Body Shop Tea Tree Oil facial cleanser and still saw remnants of my foundation on the brush.

I like the oil, but I think it'd be more effective if used as a second step after removing your makeup with a makeup wipe. 



Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover $5-7 depending on the store- I picked this up on a whim in CVS during a 40% off sale and I'm so glad I did! I hardly used eye makeup removers before this one and I don't think I can go back to the way I was living before. This remover is great at removing your makeup with only a few swipes. It does struggle with waterproof makeup a little bit, but it really gets the job done. 

One thing I was  nervous about with this very water like remover is how it would feel if I happened to get it in my eyes. Well, that happened and I didn't feel anything nor did my contacts get blurry [another plus!]. It was really like I was using some super charged water to take my makeup off.

I will definitely repurchase this again, it's a great steal.



What products do you use to remove your makeup?



    [P.S. to comment, click on this individual post. Thanks!]