Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Love: Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps

I love to paint my nails, but if I can find a way to keep my manicure on longer, I'm all for it. My manicures last about a day and a half. Yep, that's it. I've tried different base coats and top coats [even the HG Seche Vite] and still the same results. I don't know what exactly I was looking for when I was looking through the Sally Hansen products in Walmart, but I think I've found my HG nail product.

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when I saw the words "acrylic gel" but my nails show no sign of worsening at the moment, so everything is good so far! This doesn't necessarily keep my manicure "chip free" but it definitely keeps it on longer than a day!! I've seen someone say that it comes in different colors but since I want to use it as a base, I only bought the clear. It was about $5.99 at Walmart, but it should be sold anywhere Sally Hansen products are sold. Okay, let me show you some pictures!



My nails when I first painted them in Meep-Meep-Meep. I didn't like how it turned out too well.


And these are my nails after 4 days!



I'm soooo happy with this product. I noticed that on this manicure [and the previous manicure I used this with] my index fingers chip faster than any other nails. It does seem to make my nails stronger while the product is on and if you look on SallyHansen.com , you'll see some people talk about it bubbling and it peeling off. I haven't had any of that happen with me. It stays on for as long as I want it to and comes off easily with my acetone remover [removal seemed to be another issue on the site]. I'm still looking for that product that will leave me with no chips, but until then, this is what I'll be using! Oh yea, I just remembered... I didn't use a top coat with this mani!! So I can only imagine how "chip-less" it'd be if I put on a top coat.






Do you guys have any suggestions on products that will give me a "chip-less" mani for days? Have you tried this before, let me know! Thanks so much for reading.