Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

REVIEW: L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Tender Mauve



Hey guys!! I'd said my blog New Year's Resolution would be to do more reviews, and I'm sticking to it! I'm going to try to review at least one product a week! So, first up is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Tender Mauve. This was given to me for a Christmas present from my sis Reni. Tender Mauve is a cool toned pinkish purple.










L'Oreal's Claim [taken from the website]:


"Indulge your lips with Colour Riche Balm. This tinted SPF 15 lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable color, smoothing lips instantly and for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration. Lips are softer and more supple all day long- and keeps conditioning even after its been removed."




My Thoughts:


I truly enjoy this balm. It's comparable to the Revlon Lip Butters [review here] but it's different in some ways. It doesn't get as opaque on the lips as quickly as the Lip Butters do. It's much glossier than the Lip Butters [didn't think it could happen], which is a (+) in my book because I don't always feel like layering my lip products with gloss, I'm lazy!! lol =) 


The packaging is really chic and fancy looking. I like the gold tube and the gold writing. The fact that you have to line it up just right to close it can be annoying sometimes, but that helps with making sure it doesn't come open in your bag so that's something I can get over. 






It does feel really moisturizing on your lips. The 8hr claim is something I can't really vouch for because I like to reapply my lip products more frequently than that, 8 hrs would be torture. I'm interested in trying more colors, there are 7 more out there. These retail for about $7.95, but it really depends on where and when you get them.






SWATCHES:















Have you tried any of these balms? Which company's "balm" products do you like more? Thanks so much for reading!