Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Natural Hair Log: Week 4[and change]

I'm back for another NHL! I reached my "1 monthaversary" on Sunday and I was very excited that I'd stuck with it. There really hasn't been much change since my Week 1 NHL, I've just picked up some new products. Some are a hit, some are a miss. 

  • A couple of weeks ago I had a Hair Epiphany and really really started loving my natural hair.
  • My hair is the softest it has ever been! Even when I was getting perms, it was never this soft and I couldn't run my hands through it like I can now.
  • My regimen is pretty simple. I wash my hair with non sulfate shampoo [the one mentioned here] Organix's Nourishing Coconut Milk shampoo every week. This shampoo is amazing, I'll be doing a thorough review once I use it for a couple more weeks. I DC every time I wash my hair. I was using the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque but it did not leave my hair feeling the way I liked it to feel after I'd DCd. Vee from The Hodgepodge Files later told me that I have to add stuff to it to really make it work. That made it a *miss* for me. I usually add oils to my DC anyway, but if I don't for some reason, I'd still like it to do it's job. I recently bought another DC that I'm going to try out and in a couple of weeks, I'll let you guys know how I like it! After I DC and rinse, I seal my hair with EVOO and add my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. This does good in my hair. I don't really notice my hair on its own curing up, but my curls do look great after I untwist my hair. Thats my regimen!

I want to show you how I've been wearing my hair this past week. I've been wearing a mohawk! haha, I've always wanted to wear one, so I thought why not?!






I flat twist the hair in the front and braid the rest of the hair in jumbo braids. I washed and DCd this bad boy and it held up great! I'm really liking this style but I think it exudes a little more of a "Bad Ass" attitude than I have! I'm loving this journey to making my hair healthier. The only thing I need now is a natural hair salon that with cut my hair so it'll all be the same length!





*MWAH!*

4 comments:

Coilybella said...

So cuuuute!!
You are doing a great job with your hair. Keep loving what God has given you.

Unknown said...

Good job girlie! I'm glad you found a regimen that's working for you. BTW Shea Moisture products are BOGO free online (you have to buy two of the same) and BOGO 1/2 off in stores (you can mix and match).

PS: Thanks for the shout out! :)

Emmy said...

The Mohawk is really cute!

MissAshDG said...

@Coilybella Thanks so much , and I will! =)

@Vee you're so welcome! You've helped me soooo much!<3

@Emerald City Pretty Thank u ! =)