Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Healthy Hair!

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to settle for the brittle and dry state that my hair is in. I feel that it's been going on TOO long!! I want need healthy hair on my head! So, I've decided to go natural. I'm not anti-perm, nor am I saying I will never get a perm again... But I do think that I can take care of, and get to know, my hair a lot better without having a perm. I guess I've been "transitioning" for a while now because I have had braids, and when I take them down, I'd cut about 2 inches off and continue to do so. I'm not going to do a BC [Big Chop], I'm not comfortable with my hair being that short. All of the hair on my head right now, though, is in it's natural state and I've decided to finally just wear it as is.


Now. . . . I NEED HELP!!


Lol, I have NO idea what I'm doing! I've been reading up on different things, asking other "Naturistas" tons of questions, reading forums and blogs and I'm slowly getting the idea but I'm nowhere near where I need to be. I started wearing my hair out on Sept. 30, 2011 and I'm very happy! But ask me again in a week...I may be crying! lol

***UPDATE*** 
  • I'm taking Biotin 5000mg once a day 
  • I've colored my hair. . .it's not very visible in the pics though 
  • I'm actively trying to grow my edges back[if I can], so if you have any tips or tricks about that as well, please let me know!! =)


I snapped some pics..


blow dried out

curly from big twist balls

lighter reddish-brown hair with more frizzy curls from little, tight balls

A good pic of how much my edges are missing :/


*MWAH!*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Africa's Best Herbal oil and castor oil (from a health foods store) and do scalp massages with it up to 3x a week. But def go to hairlista.com for more info about the castor oil

Unknown said...

Hello MissAsh,I'm stopping by to check out your blog. I really like it ALOT. I was trying to join but I can't find the button :)

Anyway, congrats on the healthy hair journey. I agree with the comment above. Jamaican black castor oil has definitely help my edges in areas where they were a little thin. Rosemary oil is another good oil because it stimualates hair growth but it must be diluted with a carrier oil like olive, grapeseed, jojoba etc or you can add a few drops to your castor oil.

But most of all...leave your edges alone. Don't brush, touch or manipulate them too much, all they need is tender loving.

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Vee from thehodgepodgefiles.blogspot.com
Also, try not to do styles that put to much tension on your edges....like puffs or tight braids etc.

MoiVal88 said...

Ditto on the Castor Oil! But i think in abt 5 months your edges should have filled out but then... i'm not speaking LENGTH but actually FULLNESS/THICKNESS - I'd hold off on to much gel on your edges as well.