Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

MAC's Naval Blue** VS** Sugarpill's Magpie

I have a thing for dark blue pigments apparently, they seem to just draw me in when I see them on the computer screen. When I started swatching Sugarpill's Magpie, I thought to myself, "Hmm this looks oddly familiar." So I opened up my train case and pulled out my sample of MAC's Naval Blue. Well, obviously I'd forgotten what Naval Blue actually looked like because once I put them side by side, it was apparent that they were nothing alike. Naval Blue is a true to form navy blue color. It has a sheen to it that makes it stand out, but it isnt (in any way) sparkly at all. Magpie, on the other hand, is a glitter bomb. As I explained in my previous post, it has gorgeous teal glitters in it that catches the light. I like them both equally and will probably use them in a look together. I took some photos to show you how they look side by side.

Natural light: Naval Blue, Magpie

With Flash: Naval Blue, Magpie

Naval Blue, Magpie